Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I remove the Centrifugal Clutch from a Golf Cart?

I am looking to make an ordinary golf cart go faster in any way possible. I know the centrifugal clutch limits the speed. Can someone please describe how to remove this and provide any other details as to how to make a golf cart go faster - with or without buying new parts. How do I remove the Centrifugal Clutch from a Golf Cart?The clutch is just a clutch. What limits your speed is the engine and gearing. If you change the gearing, you will change the speed. The clutch is just on or off.How do I remove the Centrifugal Clutch from a Golf Cart?While you can't get more speed out of the clutch you can get more low-end torque (power) by adding an after-market spring to the clutch. In order to remove the clutch you'll need a wheel-puller.

Report Abuse